Packgoat prospects for sale
Yeah, cork screw. That's a good way to describe it. It's definitely a hip thing. Cuzco didn't start having that issue until he was older and lost muscle tone in his hips. His hocks didn't turn in too much when he was younger. Sputnik swivels now, which is why I suspect he will show weakness in his hind end as he ages. I think if I keep him strong and working the problem will take longer to become pronounced than if I let him sit around like a couch potato. Muscles definitely help keep joints from flopping around out of place. So far I haven't seen Sputnik's hind end go out like Cruiser's, but of course Sputnik is not yet three years old. Sputnik is also not lacking in athleticism. He doesn't have a daredevil personality like Finn but he's every bit as capable of performing the same stunts when pressed--at least for now. I'm glad Cruiser has managed to hold up despite his crooked back end.
My Cruiser has an exceptionally long back which I thinks adds to his instability when taking a side bump in the rear end. His front end never falls over and can hold steady while his back end gets balanced again. He'll be 9 in 2 months and can still climb with a pack. Despite his 225lb 38in tall frame I keep his packs maxed at 36lbs. If we are packing meat down hill with good footing I'll take him to 45 lbs. On multi-day long hikes he does great with adequate rest.
Still available.
Sold.