Bartlett Trail Hike
Saturday Phil and I hiked up Bartlett Trail again, only this time we took Finn and Sputnik and packed a picnic lunch. Since there wasn't much to bring, Sputnik did the honors of carrying the pack while Finn went in the buff. This was Sputnik's day in the camera lens. Finn usually hogs the frame, and if Sputnik isn't wearing a pack he becomes invisible even if he's somewhere in the picture. But Finn stayed out of the way this time (I guess he was ashamed to be doing no work), and Sputnik's red panniers helped him stick out against the sparse fall foliage so I indulged in taking way too many photos of my beautiful packgoat.    

Yet another Bartlett Trail hike today. We've had almost no snow so far this winter, and the days have largely been in the 50's so it's perfect weather to be out. I've had Sox, Westin, and Lightning at my house for breeding purposes, but Westin and Lightning finished their job and needed to go back to their new home. Their owner came to get them today and before they took the boys, we all went out for a little hike and picnic lunch.

Sputnik got to carry the food and warm clothing because he loves carrying the pack. It makes him feel important. He's gotten to where I no longer need to tie him up to saddle him and load the panniers. Today I didn't even need to hold his halter while I hooked the britchen! I'm very happy with how well he's come along despite his huge aversion to being touched, especially near the tail.   

Finn has a halo circling each horn. I'm not sure he's angelic enough to deserve this. Phil has taken to calling him "Grumpenstein" lately because he sulks and doesn't want to take treats when we make him go out with us. He's not as bad as last year, but I'm convinced that it's a combination of not enough work and being in rut season, which he's convinced he's still part of. Finn hates leaving "his" girls at home with the bucks.  

The camera seems to have caught me during an awkward moment when I was imitating the poor dope smoker we encountered at the trailhead. We've seen the old fellow walking around Rye lot lately and he's done something strange at every encounter. I'm pretty sure he doesn't drive or own a car. He's always high as a kite and the cloud from his stinky joint had me choking as we made our way to the trail. We saw him again as we were driving home afterwards. He was still smoking, and he stepped into the road, held his jacket out like a cape, and did a bullfighter imitation in front of our truck. He seems fairly harmless, but I wonder how long it will take before someone accidentally runs over him.   

Is Finn singing? 

Little Lightning. What a cute baby! Tigerlily is expecting Lightning's babies in April. 

Westin is a very gung-ho little goat. He loaded himself into the truck today and he loves cookies. 

Westin also loves scrub oak! He's making a great lip here! 

Westin looks so different! who is expecting his kids? Hooe Tigerlilly's kidding is smother this coming spring
Happiness is a working goat