Goat Playground
We built the goats a bit of a playground over the past couple of weeks for sunbaking and entertainment purposes Big Grin.  It needed to be sturdy due to the goats' tendency to destroy flimsy structures with their horns so the posts are concreted into the ground and there is quite a bit of reinforcement all round.  I wanted it to be challenging to expand their horizons.  One of the ramps is quite steep to the point we had to add some timber grips to assist the "heavier" members of the herd to actually get up to the highest platform.  But the best bit seems to be the suspension bridge which has a decent amount of wobble to build up their balance and co-ordination.  Only a couple of goats so far have dared try walking on it - they must be worried about the troll underneath Wink. We also included some scratching posts made out of scrubbing brushes from the local $2 shop.  Koby and Tawny are demonstrating the structure in the photos.  We're going to add some tractor tyres, rocks and an all-weather mineral station.

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_4366.JPG (Size: 89.49 KB / Downloads: 96)
.jpg   IMG_4427.JPG (Size: 78.82 KB / Downloads: 94)
.jpg   IMG_4394.JPG (Size: 101.73 KB / Downloads: 94)
.jpg   IMG_4423.JPG (Size: 96.96 KB / Downloads: 95)
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
Oh, I LOVE IT!
Fantastic playground! I love the swinging bridge!
Goatberries Happen!
The swinging bridge has already been utilised as a breezy hammock for both myself and a couple of the goats Smile
Amazing! I love it, especially the bridge!
Super cool!
Now that the weather is finally warming up more goats are taking a liking to using the swing bridge as a hammock to while away the hours. But Koby has claimed the entire structure as his own and will attempt to throw anyone else who dares trespass from the tall tower Smile
Aw, that's so cute. Smile
That is awesome!
A few more pics of the troops enjoying the early summer sunshine Smile  They are learning to share (kind of)!  With the weather slowly getting warmer they are starting to sleep up there at night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)