Cold weather
Joe, if I were a faster seamstress, I would sell goat earmuffs. If nothing else, they're funny to look at! Big Grin

I thought I'd share what I've done to help insulate the PolyDome shelters I'm using for my goats. They're bedded down thickly with straw, and I put an unopened straw bale in the back of each one to give the goats something warm and solid to put their backs to at night. It also makes a fun "king of the hill" game inside the shelters and helps keep the dominant goat from blocking the doorway. Doesn't work for Cuzco--he's too big to stand on just one hay bale, and too tall when it's inside the shed--but it works for the girls. And more goats in the shed = warmer shed.

I've also been piling used bedding against the outsides of the sheds and packing it down to insulate the lower walls. By the time the goats have pawed through it and trampled it down, I'm out there dumping on a new load. I usually try to do this right before a snowstorm, and once the snow piles up on top of the old bedding and the roofs, the sheds are mostly buried in an insulating layer that lasts as long as the cold weather.
Hello All
Even though I do not have any "Kids" coming I came across this idea for keeping kids, especially bottle baby pack goat kids happy in cold/wet weather. 
Leave the "top" in the barrel and bed it good. Cut the bottom to fit a heat lamp, anchor lamp solid in top.
Note: Can be used as a chicken brooder too.  Big Grin
Cut the door small enough your big goats can not get in, No horned Goats allowed  Tongue
Happy Trails
Merry Christmas 
hihobaron

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)