Finn: Water Hauler
When the temperatures go down I like to haul hot water to all the critters since I don't have electric tank heaters. It finally snowed yesterday, which makes hauling water sooooo much easier since I can load the buckets onto a sled. Well today Finn helped me! Before I had him haul water, though, I hitched him to the empty sled and took him up the road all by himself. I brought lots of cookies to make it worth his while to leave the other goats in the pen and come with me. We went up the road maybe 1/2 mile or so and when we turned around the road was downhill, so I was able to hop in the sled and drive him back to our driveway. He was a very good boy! 

And since he was already hitched to the sled I decided to make him haul the water out to the troughs. He was steady and careful and didn't spill the water even once. By the time we were done he was already beginning to know what I meant when I said "Walk On!" and "Whoa!" I hope the snow sticks around for a little while so we can keep practicing. He's going to be a very quick learner I can tell. 

Wow!  Finn's horns are getting really long!  What a good, handsome boy you have there!   Smile