Goats coming
Hi, I am new to forum.  I have two pack goats coming in a month or so.  I have been working on their shelter and pen.  I have the major portion up, but still think I need to add boxes inside as I am worried about the wind swirling in there. Can't wait for these packers. 

Welcome! Where are you located? I'd be worried about swirling wind too. I'll bet you could easily put up a partial fourth wall to cut down on that. Smile
Yep, need to do something. Could do a removable wall with a door in it. Might take a half a day to fabricate and a hour to take down when not needed. Maybe say a 15watt balb in there as well. They will be more inclined to use it if they can see into it. And that will also give you a good dry location to put your loose mineral feeder.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Thanks for the input. It is 12x12 so I am thinking of adding a wall in the front to make the opening be 4 or 6ft, opening on left side. Wind is primarily from west so the big barn portion blocks the wind, but the storms bring east winds which would come in. I am in idaho, 15 miles east of boise. Goats are coming from summit pack goats, 3 year olds. I am a back country hunter so plan to use these guys. Of course my wife and I like all animals so these guys will have a good home. There are horses next to them.
I'd build a few 4x4x4 goat-houses and stick them in the back. That way they have a warm spot like a dog would. They wont share though so each needs his own. Its what I do except I don't have a shelter over it. That thing is too nice.
On closer inspection, I can see from the layer of snow inside the shed that wind is definitely going to be an issue. It should be pretty easy to install a fourth wall with a doorway in it. You might even leave a 12" high board across that doorway to keep snow from blowing in from the ground and bedding from blowing out the door. Little things like that can sure make a world of difference.
A 4x4 post at the 4 foot and 8 foot points on the wall, ground to roof with say 6 to 8 inches of the posts (PT) buried in the ground. Support 2x4s (8 feet long at 2 foot, 4 foot and 6 foot high. This will give you an area to screw OSB sheets to. Leaving a 4 foot opening. I would enclose the area above the 4 by 8 sheets with see through corrugated plastic siding/roofing. Leaving say a 2 foot area open for ventilation. This will allow enough daytime light in and keep the ammonia smell down. For the final opening I either like to put a 4x8 osb sheet on hinges or make a slider outta it and put it on rails. I then cut a doggy sided cut out of the door. This keeps even more weather out but still allows me easy access to get inside. I will take a picture of my stand alone 12x24 shelter and show what I mean

got some quick pics of the front of the shelter as I fed. Athought these kinda sliding doors work ok in colder weather, with snow and them freezing, not so much. But we only need to go in when we need to feed inside or bed down. This was a get me through the winter till I can get the hardware for actual sliding barn door hardware. Lots to choose from off Amazon.com

[attachment=2185]
[attachment=2186]

Thanks a lot for the advice and pics. I think I will put the slider in. The roof and sides were not on when the snow came through so that is why it is full in there. It has been bitter cold here, single digits at night and teens in the day. I won't be able to dig for posts anytime soon. I have a lot to learn!!
Well if you find yourself with the time, measure em out and build little fires where you want to dig. A couple hours of that and the dirt should be soft enough to dig... or at least in theory. Smile