New Goat Toy!
Dude discovered a new goat toy in his pen today.  What a pill!

My husband is caring for the goats while I'm recuperating from knee surgery.  I can't risk my knee getting bumped right now.  Instead of feeding the flakes of hay every day like I do he puts an entire bale in their feeder at a time.  Today I was out there when he filled the feeders.  The one in Dude, Bourbon and Jethro's pen had just been put in the feeder and Dude jumped up on it!  I wonder how many times he's done this?!  Crazy goat!  I have a feeling they're getting bored with their life stuck in a pen - even though it's attached to a pasture and has climbing toys.  Bored goats is not a good thing!

Goatberries Happen!
This is Blazer on his barrel. It is a 55gal hard plastic drum. Out side I used deck glue and turf like carpet made for decks.
There is 100lbs of play sand in side it to give a little stability. It rolls around as plays on it. He will run like a fool and kick off the side which will roll it. All the goats try to stand on it to reach the tree limbs. It becomes good exercise because it does not stay still.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Taffy
RE: goat toys
Looks like a good idea from here.Smile
When they get to good at rolling it around add water to get a "Slosh" Effect Smile
That is a totally awesome goat toy!
(06-09-2016, 05:14 PM)IdahoNancy Wrote: This is Blazer on his barrel. It is a 55gal hard plastic drum. Out side I used deck glue and turf like carpet made for decks.
There is 100lbs of play sand in side it to give a little stability. It rolls around as plays on it. He will run like a fool and kick off the side which will roll it. All the goats try to stand on it to reach the tree limbs. It becomes good exercise because it does not stay still.

I need to make one of these!

Has Dodger-Dude tried it?  Looking forward to seeing him at the Rendy!
Goatberries Happen!
Yep, he gives it a try now and again. Fell off the first few times. Then he figured out how to use it. He reminded me of this exercise.

Attached Files
.jpg   images.jpg (Size: 5.88 KB / Downloads: 43)