keeping goats fit
2 of my goats got heavy fairly quickly in their lives so I found alternative to treats. While putting on halters I talk to them with soft happy voice and give little pets and scratches for that few seconds they think they are the special one. I walk 3 Oberhasli packgoats on city streets often. This could be unsafe with a demanding goat so I use rope halters. With little practice they get use to the halters. The word "still" is the cue word I use when teaching them to be still while putting on and taking off the halter. The soft voice helps me stay calm and focused on the goat for a few seconds and not watching other distractions. Goats know how to make you loose you cool, don't give this control to them, because they love it. It is goat language for "I'm the boss of you".
I just browsed through the latest blog entries by Alexandra Kurland - renouned clicker trainer for horses - regarding introducing an animal - here a horse - to clicker training.

All that is said about how to start, protective contact, choice of treats, etc. can be applied to goats.

Happy reading

http://theclickercenterblog.com/2015/11/...ing-day-1/
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]

part 3 covers the setting up for halter/bridle training
--------------------------------------
Sabine from Germany
[Image: zoVgi.gif]