What did you do today?
Aw, so cute! I love Little Man rolling on the tank!
We took Finn and Sputnik for a nice hike up the Greenhorn Trail today. There were still quite a few aspens glowing fiery gold in the afternoon sun, but probably not for much longer. Many were already bare. Today was the first really nice, warm day we've had in a long time. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice too, but I hear we may have snow on Monday. I'm not ready for winter just yet!
I tried something new for my hike today.  I put the back seats up in my F150 and loaded up Bourbon for the drive to hike along the Columbia River.  Bourbon seemed to really enjoy it.  He loaded right up, checked out the truck and watched out the windows as I drove.

This is the first time I've taken Bourbon hiking by himself.  He wasn't impressed.  Even though he and I have a deep bond I think the herd mentality of goats is stronger.  I'm not sure I can fit 2 goats in the back seat! Tongue

The river looks deceivingly calm but there's a fast current, it's deep and cold.

Here are a couple photos of Bourbon during the hike.  I love the one of him looking out over the river!

Goatberries Happen!
Haha! He's so cute! What a pretty hike too! The more you take Bourbon out by himself the more he'll get used to it.
Had a great drive yesterday. We hitched Finn and Sputnik to the wagon this time and drove them as a team. We haven't driven them as a team since 4th of July (I had to pull red, white, and blue decorations off our yoke before we got started!). The boys never missed a beat. They drove like we've been practicing all year. It feels great to get those little confirmations that your training is solid enough to stick for several months without practice. Good boys!
Great job with the solid basic training that leads to great driving (and packing) in the future!
Goatberries Happen!
Well we lucked out today and the weather as good.  So I packed up my son and loaded Steve in my truck, then we went and picked my daughter up at school.  There is a small park with a trail that is a mile or so long between the school and my house, so we headed there.  It was pritty fun, the kids really love walking Steve.  My daughter was super exited because usually during the week she gets home to late to go out for Steve walk.  So she was very exited!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What a great photo! I don't see any packs though. I figure they could carry at least 20 lbs each for 15 miles once you get them in shape!

As for the goat, he sure has some great hair!
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!
Ya funny you should say that about the kids.  The whole reason I got Steve was yo get the kids hiking further.  Its almost like hike and pack training all three at once, but none of them realize I am doing it  Big Grin  !!!!  Steve loves truck rides and roaming around, and the kids just thinks he is the coolest thing ever and follow him where ever.  Plus most of the time at some point in the trip there is a break for hot chocalate and marshmallows for the kids and foraging/ brousing for Steve.
That's so cute! Is Steve an "only goat" or does he have some goat friends? I ask because sometimes single goats can become overly possessive of their humans and may eventually become aggressive. I learned this the hard way with our first goat, Cuzco.