Pack Goat Central
Hello from CO - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: Introductions and Networking (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Hello from CO (/showthread.php?tid=3240)

Hello from CO - Horsedoc15 - 02-05-2018

Well I finally took the plunge and joined the association so I figured I would introduce myself here as well.  My name is Pete and I am located in northern Colorado.  I have two young "project" goats that are coming along great.  My goat story is long so I will spare everyone the details but just wanted to say hello and reach out to the community.  Ok truth is I told my wife it was too much work to take the take the horses, mules, her and all their feed, gear too much work, I needed a string of my own, hence Moose and Sue my goats.  Look forward to learning lots here and meeting fellow goat enthusiasts.

Take care
Pete

RE: Hello from CO - Nanno - 02-05-2018

Welcome Pete! I'm from southern Colorado! Seems like there are more and more packgoat people from Colorado lately and I couldn't be more pleased about it. Just so you know, on Saturday, April 28th I'm giving a pack saddle fitting clinic at the Weld County Goat Extravaganza in Greeley. You are welcome to bring your goats and any equipment you may have or you can just watch. I believe it costs $5/goat but auditing is free.

RE: Hello from CO - Horsedoc15 - 02-05-2018

Great to know.  That is not to far from us so we will try to make it!  Colorado is a great place to have pack goats, but they make life more fun anywhere you live.   I do have growing goats and lots of "gifted" gear so seeing what may work or not would be interesting.  Saddle fitting equines is something I do daily but my goats make a new challenge Wink 

Take Care,
Pete

RE: Hello from CO - Charlie Horse - 02-06-2018

Too bad you missed the gathering of goats at the 2017 rendezvous in central CO last summer. They wont be able to do any more in Colorado because of the thick, impenetrable forests of marijuana that have choked the trails.

RE: Hello from CO - Taffy - 02-06-2018

Aww Charlie Horse - don't be a spoiled sport. That's just the Rocky Mountain High! Goats like it, too!

RE: Hello from CO - Nanno - 02-06-2018

(02-06-2018, 04:12 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Too bad you missed the gathering of goats at the 2017 rendezvous in central CO last summer.  They wont be able to do any more in Colorado because of the thick, impenetrable forests of marijuana  that have choked the trails.

Har-har-har. I have a feeling a lot of our farmers are moving west now that California legalized. The climate is better suited out there.

RE: Hello from CO - Nanno - 02-06-2018

(02-05-2018, 06:41 PM)Horsedoc15 Wrote: Great to know.  That is not to far from us so we will try to make it!  Colorado is a great place to have pack goats, but they make life more fun anywhere you live.   I do have growing goats and lots of "gifted" gear so seeing what may work or not would be interesting.  Saddle fitting equines is something I do daily but my goats make a new challenge Wink 

Take Care,
Pete

Saddle fitting goats is not too different from horses. The principles are the same. I'll be bringing several different styles and brands of saddles to the clinic, so it might give you some options to think about.

RE: Hello from CO - Colorado Shawn - 02-08-2018

Hi Pete! Im in Colorado too!!
Good to have you on here!

RE: Hello from CO - Horsedoc15 - 02-10-2018

(02-08-2018, 07:21 PM)Colorado Shawn Wrote: Hi Pete! Im in Colorado too!!
Good to have you on here!
Thank you for the welcome!  Just waiting for spring so we can get back in the mountains.  Excited there are more goat enthusiasts in CO, sad I missed the rendezvous last year so close to home.

RE: Hello from CO - Nanno - 02-10-2018

The Colorado Rendezvous was very well-attended (rumors say it was the biggest Rendy ever!) so I'm guessing it won't be long before our state hosts another one. Wink